Now that TechWeek Chicago, has come and gone, I wanted to share with everyone the presentations of the top five finalists of the midVenturesLAUNCH COMPETE competition. For those of you who weren’t able to attend, COMPETE is a competition between 35 startups, selected from a pool of applicants, for over $100,000 in cash and prizes. They were judged by an expert panel, including Sam Yagan, Co-founder of OkCupid.
The finalists were:
- BabbaCo, an online store of great products for busy parents.
- Chute, a cloud-drive service for backing up, syncing and sharing your photos.
- Forecast, a new app that lets you and your friends share where you’re going to be!
- gtrot, a social travel site for people to share travel plans and get advice from their friends on destinations.
- Safety Book, a web-based home inventory tracker and safety recall monitor.
BabbaCo ended up winning COMPETE, congratulations to them, and to all of the finalists!